Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am now in Africa! Everything went very smoothly. I was met at the airport by Holly and William. How nice it was to arrive and have dear friends waiting there to meet me! Because I got there in the evening, we spent the night in Entebbe and headed back to Jinja Saturday morning. It is so good to be back. It feels like I am home. It is a good, good feeling.
I met all the kids yesterday afternoon. They are a beautiful, sweet hearted group of children. They have been so welcoming to me. I love how they come up and wrap their little arms around my waist and hold on. I love how when we walked to youth group at church yesterday evening, the girls hold my hands as we walk. My heart has already fallen in love with these children. One of the girls ask me yesterday if I was going to be there with them forever and ever. How do you answer a question like that?

It has been so good seeing dear friends here that I have not seen since I left! They have all greeted me so warmly and made me feel so welcome. Seeing Richard, Mary, Mamma Robina, some of the babies from Amani, and meeting Mary and Francis' new baby Leuban has been so good!
It is good to be back. I am so thankful that God has brought me back. I am so thankful to be able to be here with these children, these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment